Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

I'm not much of a chocolate eater (is that even allowed to be said without disrespecting my female genes?) HOWEVER I have a weakness for chocolate and peanut butter together.

Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
Adapted from a delicious vegan chocolate pie filling I found online (if I find the recipe again I'll happily link to it and give them 99.0% of the credit. ;)  )

1 12 oz. package of Mori-Nu silken tofu, drained and dried as much as possible.
3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate chips (regular semi-sweet chips will work too)
2 Tbsp. Adams 100% Natural Peanut butter
3 Tbsp. Real Maple Syrup (if you want it sweeter, add more syrup 1 tsp. at a time)

Directions:
Process the tofu in food processor until smooth.
Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a double boiler over the stove.
Add the chocolate, peanut butter and maple syrup to the tofu mixture and process until well blended.

Pour into dishes and chill in the refrigerator for approximately. 1 hr. If you want it thicker leave it in for 2-3 hours.

Serves  4, or if you're like me, 2... but my husband better hurry and grab his portion or it won't be there--and I'll have not just 3 but 4 sad faces looking at me longingly.... ok, ok, I was wrong to eat so much. I'm sorry.... Why are you all still staring at me? I don't have a problem, really! *runs off to hide*

No comments:

Post a Comment